Saturday, July 16, 2005

Simple couple leading simple lives

It's a Friday night, but we don't mind having a simple dinner followed by tea at a coffeeshop, chatting the times away. WW picked me up from work at close to 8pm, then we went to Parkway Parade for dinner at HANs, one of our favourite hang-out eateries (the others include Crystal Jade restaurant and Yogihub). This time round we did a switch with me ordering his usual dish and vice versa. Ended up I still ate my usual spinach pine nut pesto linguine while he had his pomodoro linguine coz the pine nuts' taste got him disgusted. I left quite a tangle of linguine untouched while finishing up all the pine nuts as I found the taste of the spinach a little weird. Nevertheless, I like the place, tucked at the back of a small building with big supermarket NTUC Fairprice in front. It was a cosy place, though space-wise it took up quite a big area.

After the dinner, we went to a pet shop, looked at some fish and the beautifully-decorated fish tanks with fluorescent tubes attached. How nice if it could be placed at my workstation in the office. I was looking at the kois, thinking back of the times when we kept those small ones at home. I like kois for their expressive faces, which portray their features and behaviors so vividly. I face no other fish having such expressive features as kois. WW doesn't seem to share my interest in kois, and didn't quite bother to take a second look at those cute little ones. He was more interested in the glowing fish instead. Next time it will be therapeutic having a big fish tank (those self-filtered kinds) filled with lovely small glowing fish and kois and the soothing seaweeds/plants. Talking about fish, I'm starting to miss the ones I've kept previously. There was a very lovely silver koi we kept a long time back. I can't remember what happened to it, but recalled that it had a number on its head, which my family thought was auspicious. Also, there was a orange-blackish koi which we "dumped" into the koi pond at Dunman High (my secondary school). When I last visited the school lotsa years back (maybe around 5 years?), I could still recognize it and was happy to see it grow till quite a big size. At home, the size of the tank restricted its growth and the pond in school is definitely a much bigger home for it.

Well, so much about fish.

WW is sleeping soundly on the bed now and I don't want to disturb the sleepy man. Now we could hardly hold late nights anymore, after both of us started working. Sleep is precious, and work is draining. After the recent switch in department, work has been piling up rapidly. Tough! But very challenging and exciting.

Then again, it's the weekend here already! Another resting time and time to relax!

No comments: