Monday, September 04, 2006

长大的代价

Just finished ironing the clothes from last week’s wear. A good one hour I took. And now I’m sweaty sticky and feeling really uncomfortable. TP you must help me oki, especially now that we have bought more button tops.

That’s it. When you grow up to be an adult, you have so many more tasks to do. Often, things are not within your choice. Ironing is just a mole-hole example.

I suppose those who just came out of school into the workforce would find it challenging, exciting and be so full of drive. But ask me who has been in it for two years, I would just give you a nonchalant look. This kind of working lifestyle is just so numbing. Although I don’t have to slog till say 9pm every work day, I still find the routine hard to swallow. Weeks pass by like nobody’s business, and I’m getting a little wary and scared that time will pass by just too quickly. In no time you find yourself hitting your 30s, and again, following through life’s motions as if it were all scheduled to be.

Somehow I think these kinda feelings are linked to the passionate you find in the things you do. Check out a passionate soul who likes his or her job; you won’t hear a grumble often. Can’t blame me for concluding it’s the job scope, the job environment or the nature of job itself that is bogging me.

Anyway, I shan’t complain. Coz it’s all a parcel of Grown Up. Who doesn’t have to work? Who doesn’t need to bring home the beacon, answer to oneself or one’s family? In all it’s about telling yourself what needs to be done, how you want to get it done, and how in the process you take care of your heart and soul.

5 comments:

yuling said...

i need to whine... i detest ironing too! i've been getting knitwear, lycra and the like... argh.

Jayce said...

passion and work, that's what my boss keeps telling me, I lack passion in my work, but I just can't seem to find passion for something so inanimate.

Growing up is hard..

nottotian said...

yeah, let me be a tai tai...
i love housework...

nottoz said...

Boo, that's life I guess. Unless we have big bucks and hire maids to help us with the chores, and also can be tai tai!

nottotian, since when have you started loving housework??

Anonymous said...

Who else thinks that Russia bears walking the streets, and the vodka flows like water?
And anyone can know that in this country the most beautiful girls?