Thursday, September 07, 2006

KL Rat Race

Back from KL Rat Race

The race was not as bad as thought as the weather was kind to us. It rained heavily around half an hour before our race, and stopped just when we were assembling at the starting line. The slopes were conquerable, and I felt somewhat proud of myself when I overtook some guys who were walking on these slopes. Perhaps I have the advantage of being younger, and of course, having had my regular runs.

Bursa Malaysia was hospitable. They invited us, treated us like VIPs (which I suppose we truly are, in their eyes) and were all smiles (genuine ones) when they came up to us during the dinner after the race. On a broader note, Malaysians seem friendlier than us lot. There is less pretence; they are more humble and down-to-earth.

The others in the two teams representing my company are cool guys and ladies too. The male captain, our Corporate Communications head, was full of humour and wits. We simply had to laugh when he talked about his boss (who was there for the race as well) with his straight face. Very funny guy. I had my good buddy with me throughout the two-day trip, being my roommate and dear companion. Judy is a wonderful girl!

Now I’m missing the bed comfy bed in Shangri-la. Ooh, sleeping under the comfortable on the bubble-soft mattress and double-stacked pillow, wearing a bathrobe and shorts.. I didn’t want to get out of bed the next morning. That’s what they call 5-stars. You have everything in the hotel room.


Back in Singapore, I was pleasantly surprised by WW’s offer to pick me up from the airport. Sadly, due to miscommunication, he waited an hour for me when I had got out of the arrival gates half an hour earlier. Thus, I had waited half an hour too, stoning and thinking he might be still on the roads. This taught us – call on the mobile instead of sms-ing! More effective and avoids miscommunication! Ended up both of us were feeling frustrated, and spoilt our beautiful night. But me still happy that he made all the efforts, threw his work aside, and drove down all the way to meet me at the airport. My dear Wonderwen =)

No comments: