Saturday, December 23, 2006

Weehee! Gifts galore!

Pressies gotten from colleagues and friends at work. Woohoo~ what a strong sharing and giving culture!

Presents gotten on the last work day before Christmas, 2006
Before: Wrapped and mysterious
After: Revealed! Some were really surprises! (Try doing an item-to-item match)
WOo hoo, exactly what I've been wanting to change this season/festive season! How does she know?

It was the last working day before Christmas yesterday, thus a lot of staff were busy not with work but with exchanging gifts with fellow colleagues and friends. For me, it started in the morning with JY, YN and Joyce at OUB Plaza Burger King. We were having our breakfast there with our big barangs of Santa Claus pressies.

In the evenings, colleagues from my Group gathered at NUSS Guild House for more fun. It's our TEC Group X'mas party, an event almost always expected given there are two siao-on ladies in the Group to drive and organise the event, otherwise no one else would have bothered. We engaged an events company (the one we work closely with for our other Management of Change events) to run the program for us.

The games we played involved negotiating and trading unique items given to each group (all were divided into five groups) and the trader rep in the group was supposed to make the best out of his items to trade or buy other unique items of other groups. These items were used to build up a fanciful human Christmas tree, to be used further for another round of competition. I represented my group and went up to the trading table with the other groups' reps, but I didn't quite expect the pushing and shoving, and the snatching of my items! Haha, I see it that all the 5 reps at the table were ladies; that explained the wild behaviours. But it was fun after all!

The next round of games involved getting a judge from each group to go around judging the human Christmas tree and songs sang by each group. From the labeling we got at the registration booth, the "Daddy"s tagged had to go in as the judge. So I was there again, going around with paper money in my hands to award the groups. Then at this group with a big robber, I was grabbed at the waist and money snatched from my hands! It was quite drama; the money flew up in the air in a bundle and it was like one of the scenes in a gambling table. Haha. I think they all see my small size easy for bullying! But at the end my group was the winning team coz we learnt it the hard way through the Robbers - I resorted to snatching from a weaker member in the Robber Group! Wahaha.

We could see each other's 丑态, but everything was in the name of fun. =)

No comments: