Saturday, February 03, 2007

Romance, Fun and Laughters


Yesterday was an eventful day, one of romance, friendships and laughter.

Tian and I made our way to Ritz Carlton for Feng and Jason’s ROM solemnisation ceremony cum hi-tea buffet. This was indeed one of its kind; an invitation for hi-tea at a hotel. Thus, the good food, smooth arrangements and good service from the beverage and food crew. Happy for Feng and Jason and wishing them a blissful and happy marriage. Treasure and respect your partner in a marriage and you two will go far =)

I’m not a person of details, but I noted the little arrangements such as the rose arrangements – white and red ones – on the flower stands and the baskets on the tables. Their invites were nicely done too (hoho, we got them only yesterday) with a white lace across the card (ok, I’m a sucker for lace) and unique fonts. The ceremony itself was rather short of less than 15 minutes. When Feng was giving her thank-you speech at the end of the ceremony, tears swamped to her eyes and she couldn’t help but shed a tear or two. I was on the verge of dropping a tear too. These days I’m weak, no longer the strong me in younger days where I won’t ever shed a tear. Feng must had a lot of strong emotions then, when giving thanks to her parents. Hee, her mum, on the converse, chided her good-heartedly on being so emotional. Her mama is one happy-go-lucky woman.

Before we all left, it was the bouquet-throwing session. The eligible ladies were in a row, with the eligible guys behind. Most of the ladies were from the 姐妹党, while the guys were from the 兄弟党。The first threw yielded no results coz no one wanted to catch the bouquet, but I got it the second throw as Tian and Xianhe stepped one step aside! But you can’t let the flowers drop to the floor so many times, quite paiseh one, right? Heh, but it was shiok catching flowers.. free roses after all :P

The sisters helping out - Xianhe, Jun, me and Tian
The newly-wed - Jason & Jayce
Me and my flowers, hee

At night it was celebration time. A dinner and drinking session to celebrate three’s birthday – GM, Peng and me! Wah, it was a well-planned night-out with lotsa efforts from the organizers. Thanks lots to my buddies, the gang – Joyce, JY and Nee. Couldn’t thank them more for the thoughtfulness and friendships. I had a jolly happy time, especially in the company of great friends and close colleagues. (Actually I don’t see them as colleagues, but more of friends.)

Dinner at Da Paolo, Club Street, with my dear friends. Tks to the ladies for the efforts, the planning and the thoughtfulness. They even ordered black squid ink pasta which I had been craving for.
We proceeded to Brewerkz for drinking. Joyce, the lady in black, ordered red wine, champagne and a jug of ale. And they had lemon cheesecake to celebrate our birthdays; they understand me so well. In the photo - GM, Joyce, Peng and Wendy
Me, Joyce & Peng
Me with the ladies who understand me so well. Nee, I realised all your photos were either: black-mouthed with squid ink, with your hands covering your face, or us pulling your hair. Will post a photo of dear Nee later when I get the photos from the other cameras!

No comments: