Thursday, June 21, 2007

怎么我感觉不到那丝关心呢?

Worked late tonight till 9 plus, headed to Soup Spoon in anticipation of a hot bowl of pumpkin soup, only to find the place closing at 9pm. To think I was fast-pacing my footsteps towards the restaurant, pushed the door inwards and stepped my one-foot in, to hear the waitress say it was closed.

Then I gave my sis a call to check out if she has eaten her dinner, but to find out that she was da-paoing to Hen's place. So move on. To the nearby 7-11 store in search for pau, but met with disappointment to see the pau-tray empty. So I gave Nan Ren a call, told him how hungry I was while I walked on to find food. There was a foodcourt still open, but I didn't want to sit there for a meal. Dropped by another 7-11, but again no pau! Then wanted to try the SPC petrol station, only to find it closed (and kaputt)! At the same time still chatting and complaining to Nan Ren about my growling stomach.

Even my last chance of food was gone when the lady in front of me at Burger King took difficult orders and the waiter being super slow. Was it meant to be no food after all? In the end, I took a cab back to Tampines, met up with WT whom I initially was supposed to meet but cancelled then eventually un-cancelled again. Had a late meal at MacDonalds downstairs and my stomach was aching as I ate. Gastric (?) So bad for the body.

When I came back home, sis smsed to find out how I settled dinner and if I was okay. WT the friend smsed to say the oil they used to fry the Mac fries was weird; it caused him to lose his voice. Then I supposed the NR had fallen asleep or had gone off to do his own things. Sometimes I don't hear from him in a few days especially when he's busy with work. But then again, everyone's busy, be it work or non-work matters. I always say, you can be busy but cannot be uncaring or insensitive. I don't usually call for no reason, and it's in times of need or support that I seek solace. A reply sms or a short note would tell a lot, but occasionally I get this feeling I'm hoping for something that won't come.

No comments: