Thursday, August 09, 2007

Back from KL, with happy memories and slightly tired legs

The run was good! And of coz, the stay in KL better.

The 4.5km KL Rat Race started with a rather heavy downpour, making running difficult with the rain splattering on our faces and breathing hard. But we pushed on and 5 minutes into the run, the rain stopped, to our relief. The long slope up was challenging, but not as much as the downwards run after the ascent. I had used up too much energies trying to keep to pace during the upslope! This year's race seemed tougher though the route and distance was the same. The weird thing was that I felt I ran faster :)

The friendly treat at QMax Bar after the run (and shower which we sneaked back to our hotel for) was fun and a little of an eye-opener. Those KL folks dance so differently from us! They did some dance sorta like a tango or waltz, but I'm too ignorant to know which. At one point the group of us nine were hogging a huge part of the dance floor moving to our own retro zouk-style beats. Wahaha.

Earlier today was free-n-easy which meant.. shopping! I spent more than S$200 in just two shopping malls - Lot 10 & KL Plaza. Just see the shopping returns below. The trip was short but fruitful. It gave us not only the chance to experience the race once more, but also gave me the needed break from work. Dunno if I'll get to go again next year?

The flight to KL. I could see clearly Bedok Reservoir and my HDB flat below!
And then the seas along ECP with the ships (which look like little larve).
The whole team representing the company. Taken just before our run at Bursa Malaysia.
At the starting point. That was Judy and me in the centre.
The view from our Shangri-La hotel room
The KL Tower
Twin Towers, but you could see only one of it as its twin was directly behind it.
The flight back to Singapore - sunset.

Shirts for myself (and Tian, if she ever wears them, ho)
3/4 pants and denim skirt. From exactly where I got my current fave weekend denim skirt last year.
Mango tops
Polo-shirt and t-shirt for WW. He's quite fussy with shirts, but hope he like these la.
Lastly, a small tee for myself!

Didn't get to buy any foodstuff for family and friends, partly due to lack of time and also couldn't see them readily. Next time, yah :)

No comments: