Monday, August 20, 2007

Is multi-tasking good?

I'm eating my dinner, surfing net and watching news on TV, all at the same time. Such is the outcome of lack of time. Or when you have too much to do at work. Then there's the pile of notes on my bed waiting, but I'll have to leave it to tomorrow morning on the bus ride to office.

Is multi-tasking really good? Does it increase your productivity and efficiency? Perhaps so, but feel it could make you more tired at the end of the day and slowly eats away your heart and soul. There is no focus in the things you do and you tend to get distracted more easily.

Recently there has been so much work that I feel like throwing them all aside for the time being. The workload is actually still bearable, considering my bosses give me my space understanding that I'm straddled with two persons' work. But then there is all the politicking from other teams and colleagues and all those arrowing around that it gets pretty sick. Sometimes you have got to rack your brains out just to come out with counter-arguments. It's all so taxing and counter-productive!

Work aside, life has been good. My giddy spell that lasted half a week ended and I'm able to get a breather from the stopping of German lessons. That freed up 2-3 weekday nights, quite unbelievable huh. But last Thu I was starting to miss the lessons again as it was the first lesson of a new semester. Wondered how the class would be now, without a number of us who are either travelling overseas for short trips or are going to be posted for work long-term.

Yesterday I tagged along with WW, his mama and sis to check out sofas, dining tables and lightings for their new house. Got a inward 2-seater recliner sofa for his room, damn cool! It reclines without need for additional space before the back wall and allows for sleeping position reclining. Can't wait for them to move in and we'll get a LCD or Plasma TV to laze the future Sundays away. Don't know if WW & family are as excited as me. Kinda weird for me to feel this excited since it's not me moving. Besides, I have no status .. yet .. mah. Wahaha. So I'm actually quite glad that WW consults me for opinions too.

The future beholds endless possibilities at this point in time. I'm looking forward to what may come up ahead!

No comments: