Friday, January 02, 2009

The day before the Big Day

Am feeling excited! And now I think it's a good thing we've gone through our ROM as it has prepped us on what is to come.

Through the wedding preps, both WW and I have gotten to know of the customary traditions and what each of them means. For me, the facials, beauty treatments and special hair treatments exposed me to a wider spectrum of a woman's world - beauty. I didn't used to believe in facials and the like, thinking being natural is the most beautiful. But after going for facials in preparation for the Big Day, I realised it could be such a pamper to both my soul and skin. (Except that it's straining my pockets.) It's true that there are some things which once you start on, you can't stop.

I have gotten used to people calling my English name, which I use consistently in dealing with the wedding vendors and service providers. Some may find it hard to pronounce or spell initially, but they will get it right after a while. (No, I don't have a modern and complicated English name; it's actually just a simple five-letter word.)

I have also seen the other side of WW - the serious boss who makes the most practical decisions and challenge people on their stand. It can be quite pressurising working with him; perhaps because I want to be perfect in his eyes. We can be very efficient workers together - partly because he is likely to do things last minute thus we really have to be fast!

With tomorrow, new and more beautiful things and changes will come.

And I'm going to sleep early now to embrace them :)

No comments: