Sunday, February 22, 2009

Good life despite exams

Exams next week - Tue, Wed & Fri. We should be used to the fast pace of school, having exams every seven weeks, but it still depends on the quality of your professors and the standard of the individual modules. This time round we have quite a slack professor, who did not give sufficient examples for us to be familiarised with the material. Then, there is one very tough stochastic module which most people find difficulty in understanding. During the three-week break in December, I even dreamt of failing one module and was worried it could be this. But after trying out the past year papers and going through the whole module, I find this manageable after all.

Wanted to blog the past few days, but was occupied with solving assignments and examples (which the prof did not go through with us). Last Monday I dropped by SGX and was lucky to meet the ones I meant to meet :) It provides some comfort knowing that I should be going into the department I desire. And although the future boss told of the huge amount of work waiting for me, I was rather excited about the challenges upon my return to the office. I met up with three SGX frenz for lunch at Amoy, and realised some things do not change with time, like a strong friendship. Of the group, three of us have been good friends since we joined the company and the way we chat during lunch is still as our first lunch four and a half years back. Only thing is now I can't really tahan the heat and stuffiness, maybe because I'm running around outdoors most of the time and appreciate temporary air-con better.

Today is WW's bday! No celebrations - as per the hubby's wishes, but I gave him his presents still. Also coz of my exams, we're staying at home the whole day. Perhaps will go for a nice meal later when he wakes from his nap. May WW be happy always!

No comments: