Monday, February 02, 2009

*Cough cough*

Third day of CNY, and I fell sick to sore throat (blame it on the roasted duck noodles) and slight fever. In the next two days, it blew into an on-and-off fever and flu, and persistent cough. My poor sister fell to the same sickness yesterday too, but not due to my spreading but maybe her late-night mahjong session.

Yesterday WW spent almost the entire day doing his presentation slides for a meeting today. What a sai gang thrown to him on a Friday. But comparing the work he does here in HQ and in the air base, this work may be heavier in load but lighter in responsibilities. I recall those stressful days when he had to be on standby 24/7, receiving calls every now and then even late in the night, and the urgent decisions and shots to call. Load or responsibilities? I would rather take on more work than have to worry incessantly.

We're going one month into our marriage. Still waiting anxiously for the wedding photos from Benny our photographer. Hopefully it's 慢工出细货. Living with the in-laws has been great so far, especially with them taking good care of me when I fall sick. Ever since WW and I finished watching the last episode of 溏心风暴 on CNY eve, we didn't have much TV time together at night until now when we've gotten 家好月圆 from WW's sis. Yippie, another 40 episodes of good acting to watch!

In early May, I'll be flying over to US for the Carnegie-Mellon exchange. Now the classmates are searching for flights and are going to book soon. Sadly, this signifies that my schooling period will come to an end soon - in a short five months' time. I can't help but keep thinking about work now. About how it would be when I go back to work, how our lifestyle will change and how now I should be keeping close contact with my HR colleagues and future boss again. I start to imagine how I'd be coughing away in the cold office, shivering and feeling feverish and not able to rest at home without the strong air-conditioning. It's really kinda sad that my great break is coming to an end soon. But before that, the holiday in the US awaits and I hope my planned trip with WW to Canada can be realised.

No comments: