Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back in Singapore!

Actually I was back more than a week ago, on 21 Jun. The past week has been more of rest and catching up on remaining school admin, and compounded with worries over school matters and H1N1 flu. But am I glad to be at home.

I've been missing the good things in Pittsburgh - the carefree lifestyle though we were saddled with schoolwork; the fun my housemates and I had luffing our heads off some of the other guys; having two fine gentlemen helping us ladies carry laptops every morning; the fine weather where I could run without much sweat and efforts; the me-time at Panera Bread studying away while blasting music in my ears; the cashier, drivers, waitresses greeting you with "How's your day?" and "Have a good day!", and so much more. I can't help but to compare that to the rudeness of the common folks in Singapore, where the drivers honk you for little things and speed up when you're turning into their lane. What have Singaporeans become of? I hope the graciousness cultivated from the US lifestyle stays in me and not let the impatience of Singaporeans get into me.

That aside, I'm happy to be welcomed back home with a lovely 1st year marriage anniversary present and a very sweet (more in terms of contents) card from hubby dear. Sometimes I think I'm the less romantic one, but I'll work at being a better romancer to hubby heh. I always feel I'm a very fortunate wife. WW is talented (yes, you're talented in many ways which you may not see in yourself), understanding, loving and makes me happy with his animated descriptions of events and people. For a (sometimes) serious person like me, that definitely helps lighten the mood and makes me happy even when I'm feeling down. What more could I ask for? :)

Next week would see me going back to work, after a year's of work absence. Am I looking forward to work again? I'm pretty sure the colleagues are nice and the working environment amicable, but gotta get used to the lifestyle of being cooped up in the cold office and not being able to wander around under the beautiful afternoon sun. Give and take la.. at least I can afford that lovely bag minted with a cool price tag, and more importantly, contribute to my families' financial well-being and thus life's comforts.

No comments: