Monday, June 01, 2009

Pittsburgh update

Got a nice sweet email from dad asking me how I was doing here. Tian just taught him how to send an email. Such a warm gesture from Daddy!

CMU term here is heavier than that in Singapore; we have homework everyday and I end up sleeping at 1plus am. We try to go out during the weekends, exploring parts of Pittsburgh and fishing out the more interesting places in this quiet city. Last Saturday we the Graham folks and GA went out to Southside for dinner @ Cheesecake Factory, which turned out to be one of the nicest restaurant I've been to in a while. The ambience and deco were good (the lights dimmed towards late night), the service excellent and the music soothing at a comfortable volume. I had chicken penne in wine sauce, which I savoured up till the last penne (not the chicken though; it was really quite a big serving). I don't remember patronising such a restaurant in Singapore, which is quite a waste. Was wishing WW were there too, then we could have a romantic meal together at a not-so-exorbitant price.

Lunch at pub along Walnut Street
Southside - a more happening district in Pittsburgh that's half-an-hour's bus ride away from our cozy home along Baum Blvd
With the guys in the same residential apartment Graham and GA in yellow (from Forbes apartment). All my classmates


The Cheesecake Factory, where we had dinner.

I like the ambience of Cheesecake Factory. Splendid! Tall ceilings with flowery paintings; ivory-maroon pillars and big big windows.
The guys (from left) - Gim Aik, Chris, Chee Wei, Rick and Yao Yang.

My order - sauteed chicken with mushrooms and onions on penne in wine sauce. YUMMY~!
Signature cheesecake - White chocolate raspberry cheesecake. Rich and sinfully delicious.
I want to go back to Cheesecake Factory! Why don't we have it back in Singapore?

1 comment:

Stephie said...

ooooh, i remember the cheesecake factory in hawaii. i went there to eat and then ta-paoed a few more back to my hotel. totally to die for.