Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Living in the moment

Heard this phase "living in the moment" from a friend a few days ago. He was describing a dog's life, saying that a dog doesn't bear any vengence and enjoys the moment coz they live in the moment. Shouldn't we humans do the same too? We don't have to worry about the future, and not carry over the burdens from the past.

Monday was my off day. I took the day off to catch up on my studying (for FRM). In the end I spent 5 hours in total on mugging, 1.5 hours in a morning nap (coz I slept late the night before and woke up early), and another half an hour in a good cooling run at ECP. It was productive, when I just had a cup of hot tea and some music to accompany me in Dome cafe. Before that I was at Marine Parade library, an even more conducive place for studying. It was like those days not so far back when I was taking MFE, where the day is free for myself till the evenings when classes start. And it was so enjoyable to do a run in ECP. Sea breeze in your face, greenery by your sides and sometimes a hunk or a lovely dog running past (heh).

I also fulfilled my good wife duties by fetching WW to and from work, heh coz I drove around in his car. It was quite a nice day spent. Next
time will get WW to take day off together, especially after the FRM exams in late
nov where then I'll be free from studying!

No comments: