Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Lots of negative people around

Negative people spread their negativities around, and it'll take some efforts for a person striving to be positive not to be affected by it. Sometimes I laugh at the stupidity of those spreading the negative vibes, then remind myself never to be like them.

Take the neighbour who scolds her maid every morning. From our bathroom window, we could hear her thunderous words raining on the maid. This morning it was even more ridiculous. "Tell me, is making breakfast not part of your job? I am paying you salary to do your job and now has making breakfast become my job?" She went on in her demeaning and authoritative tone, as if it was a court scene and the maid was charged (the neighbour is a lawyer). We speculated the maid would poison or stab her to death someday.

In the office, there's this cleaning lady who slams the toilet cubicle doors very heavily every time she does her washing. It's so loud that people can hear her from the lift lobby, so one can imagine how scary it is to be in one of the cubicles when she does that. Then there's the dirty water she splatters from the neighbouring cubicle. Eeks.

Good that there are some positive people around. Last sat WW and I were invited into another of our neighbour's house, where we were treated with mooncakes and coffee at their little garden with the couple and their two girls. The couple shared with us the little lessons from their career lives and the wife was partcularly enthusiastic about the business - sale of negative ion garments - she is in now. I guess it's just personality that affects one's life and path ahead.

Wish there could be more such positive people around. There are increasingly more rude Singaporeans who make lives terrible for the rest. The world would be a better place if everyone was more pleasant.

2 comments:

Ordinary Doggie said...

Funny you should mention about positive energy. Recently inspired by a colleague at work who lent me a book called "The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to fuel your life, work and team with positive energy". I self-imposed this positive thinking regime and realize its really about thought and discipline! But I am happier and I steer clear away from negative people (termed as Energy Vampires in the book). Its really enlightening! Have a read if you've got the time : )
http://www.jongordon.com/theenergybusbook.html

Stephie said...

uhoh....you shouldnt see me when I am at work then......