Sunday, August 28, 2005

Rsepect me for my Big Bucks?

Last Thursday and Friday my company's IT department, which has a full strength of around 130, set up a bazaar within our own office building and invited the whole of our company down. Lots of efforts are put in on the organizers and stall-owners, but all are for a good cause - The Bull Run funds. I chipped in a small part by giving shoulder massages, $5 per session of 5 mins. My "customers" commented that I'm quite pro ok! :p Then when the EXCO members came down to render their support, they had to buy up lots of stuff coz a trolley was pushed in front of them and they gotta fill it up somehow! All for the sake of face? Most of them (anyway there are only five) are very generous, donating without second thoughts and dropping $50 notes without asking for change. I bet they spent more than $500 each during that short half-hour. That's why to be at the top you need not only have charisma, but also the generosity to part large amounts of your money without the heart pain. (But then again, they are paid big bucks!)

Friday night I headed to Singapore Swimming Club with my colleagues from IA for some bowling and karaoke. In between the two, we had dinner at the restaurant in there. I tucked into nigiri set with sashimi and inari sushi. Yum. And the best thing was that the whole night of entertainment was free! Dunno if they are claiming the costs to an entertainment budget, but at that point everything was written-off by the boss. Wahaha, so small fries like me get the "freeload".

No comments: