Friday, April 20, 2007

Dizzy daze

Sometimes I feel as if in a daze. These days during lunch there’s this floating dizzy feeling in me leaving a detached me to deal with the real world. Wonder if it’s the lack of meat, especially red meat in my diet? Or perhaps it’s the low blood pressure. But somehow I feel good about this levitating feeling.

There was numbness in my shoulder blade and stiffness in my lower back in the past two days, which led me to wonder how much damage our body was going through by such torture driven by work. I’ve seen friends gradually weakening in stamina and immunity and facing health problems when they approach 30 plus. But that’s such a young age to be bogged down by health issues and forego on other leisure and joys of life. So, is the corporate world a place to be for long?

Wed evening we had dinner with our CEO; one of those catch-up sessions to hear us out and let us know we’re not neglected in the organisation. On the whole it was insightful when he told us of some of the business theories and of the industry’s direction, even though I couldn’t fully appreciate them. And there was a topic on how the PAs under him learnt a lot, built up heaps of confidence and became changed persons. There was a part where I lost him, where he talked about how certain traits of one transformed, which certainly sounded like psychology to me. We do appreciate his attention especially during this time of personal “turmoil”.

I think it’s true that at some stage in your life, you start to follow your age group’s behaviour and adopt its mentality. Like how sis and I started checking out Coach bags recently (and I’m asking her to get one for me in her work trip to Minneapolis, woohoo). How we are taking up beauty and massage packages, applying mascara every working day and treating our skin with dedicated care with night creams and daily moisturizers which we didn’t used to believe in. And I’m excited about the MTM skincare appointment tomorrow, which may cost me $200+ depending on the effectiveness of the custom-blended sample.

Last night I dreamt about sis leaving me out at a spa cum gym place. We were there with a few other friends, prepared for some spa or exercise sessions when sis and the others decided to go for an-hour yoga session without informing me. At that point I felt cheated, abandoned and slightly angry thinking she no longer cared. And weird that it was not the first time I had such a dream as there was another similar-themed one around one week back. Could it be that we are drifting further away in our life paths? Never quite occurred to me that way, but underestimate not the power of the subconscious mind. =P

No comments: