Sunday, April 08, 2007

Oh sweet moments

The break arising from the two-day course and the Good Friday holiday was good. It felt free and light not having to report to work for these few days and to be out of the maddening buzz, though I’ve just installed the VPN and Lotus Notes client application on my personal lappie. Well, for the sole purpose of clearing my emails and being able to pick up work fast on Monday morning.

The course “Making Great Presentations” held on last Wed and Thu was interesting though it needed preparation work. Each of the nine course participants had to give two presentations of their own, one in each day. My topics weren’t as interesting as some of the others, which included a proposal to hire two renowned football strikers in a bid to recover their team’s S League position and an informative sharing session on personal finance and investments. But still I managed to get good feedback from the audience (my other classmates) and the course instructor. We even had our presentations recorded in a DVD for our personal review.

Thurs night after German class, WW picked me up and drove to Paterson Road, the private residential area for my dinner. Dinner was ah balling from Queensway hawker where WW bought it during his dinner with a friend earlier. I thought to myself, this made a romantic scene, as if in the movies. A warm loving feeling swamped my heart, but of course, being the shy me I didn’t tell that to the man. A mental picture of lo bo biang and teh surfaced too. Oh those uni days. :)

Recently there had been unusual matters and somewhat shocking news, sending punching reminders to us on some of the more important things in life. It made us stop a step or two to reflect, ponder and worry. But I suspect by the middle of the coming week, we would have been submerged in our work and busy life once again that the reminders slip our minds. But well, there may be some good in that. Sometimes, not knowing gives you more comfort and less cause for worry. Just hope things be fine and luck be with us.

No comments: