Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Influx of Interns

You get in touch with the Uni life and know when their vacations start.. coz you see an influx of them into your company! That's also when we start to feel old, seeing the young ones fresh from school with a curious and inquisitive look on their faces.

Thinking back of my internships, those days seemed so simple. You just aimed to get more work in office and were concerned about issues which we now feel are trivial matters. Each day, you worried about not having a lunch-mate, of not having enough work to do, or not being able to mingle with the rest and also there being a lack of clothes to wear to work.

These concerns, though vividly-remembered, were so far away for me. These days I don't see myself having to worry about people commenting on the same few pieces I wear to work or that no one talks to me in office. These day, we worry more about how to communicate in the most effective way to your boss (according to his/her style) and about making those steps to pull yourself closer to your goal or dream. (I'm also secretly happy that I have a packed wardrobe of clothes to choose from, most of them picked and bought without that financial constraint in mind.)

Back to the topic of influx, yes we welcome them into the company, but that also signifies to me the onset of a change I have to make.

No comments: