Wednesday, July 25, 2007

(Why) Do guys wanna get married?

I was talking to KW on the way to yoga yesterday. He was saying there were incentives for a woman to get married while it's disincentives for guys, in the sense that woman can be insured with huge amounts if they end up divorced. Whereas for the guys, they would lose their freedom and possibly part of their wealth in the future. Don't know if any lady thinks in that way, but it's quite new and surprising to me. I suppose woman want to marry a guy so that she can see him everyday, be with someone she loves and have someone to depend on closely. That's why sometimes I wonder what motivates a guy towards marriage, especially when they are not the species to yearn for closeness (the dependable and emotional kind) and would more often than not prefer solitary. Age wouldn't be one push factor either. This still puzzles me and I ponder at the usual proposal arrangement - man proposing to a woman - which seems somewhat against logic. Perhaps the men are lured by the trickeries women play. =P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! my words are taken out of context! :p
will explain during next yoga session.