Thursday, June 12, 2008

真虚伪

It feels demoralising every time I complete my appraisal with my sup. It’s obvious we judge work differently and I feel it’s no point doing my own grading. The outcome will be as expected. Last year, although assessed by the same sup, I had a second-level sup who recognises my work (not that the direct doesn’t, but it just isn’t reflected at all on paper) and pushes for my ranking. This year, I’m not so sure. Furthermore, I will not be of value to the team anymore since I’ll be going on my study break.

Again, I’m reminded of the fact that you have to be wa-yang, yaya at work. It no longer suffices to deliver good result, but you need to be damn proud of it and announce to the whole wide world. It’s so faked.

So, shall I put on my mighty cynical hat and hone my politicking skills during the next one year?


真虚伪

No comments: