Thursday, June 05, 2008

Divine Yoga

This feeling is really different.

Even before the benefits of the entire yoga session are reaped, the serenity and peace of it have being felt.

When I shut out those noisy thoughts, concentrate on achieving balance and strength, and immense myself in the tranquility, my mind would go back to those young and carefree days. It was as if the time clock turned back and that the secondary school days were back. The sounds of activity outside that little quaint shop-house room became crisp and clear. The comfortable heat of the sun moderated the coldness from my earlier hours in the office. I was at peace with myself, and in that moment, felt myself lift out of the numbness of the lifestyle you call working.

That explains why I have been going for regular lunch-time yoga, once a week. This special moment of being with oneself erases the hectic two-hour rush. It is elating knowing there are more such moments to come – the relish of regained freedom.

No comments: