Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Some songs simply mean so much

Like New Radical’s You Get What You Give, which reminds me of the JC days spent with my fellow HnF provisional instructors – Chris, WT & Tian – hanging around in the school gym and doing our schoolwork in the study rooms. Then there’s Savage Garden’s To the Moon and Back, which brings me back to those secondary school ice-skating days with Zhou Yun and Xin. And with Martika’s Toy Soldiers, I get teleported to the VJC canteen table, listening to Stephie’s dating stories before the start of our lessons.

M2M’s Pretty Boy brings back memorable times with RH orientation folks. We were young and silly, willing to follow the regime set up by our RH seniors. I still remember that photo taken with Joan and Sher in our silly Rag Day costume.

Michelle Branch’s The Game of Love, with Santana lending the base, brings a smile to my face as that first date at the pool / billiard outlet with WW seems like only yesterday again.

Songs are so amazing. They connect our souls and entrench our memories in the various phases of our lives, forever.

2 comments:

Stephie said...

ALamak! What dating stories???!!!! OK I admit. Those were the ignorant days.

nottoz said...

Hee, I still remember! But it's between you and me and whoever was with us at the table!