Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Half-day leave, yippie!

Two months into the job and I'm feeling somewhat drained! I need my 15 mins of eye's wink on the bus every morning, which explain my sporadic blog updates. I wish I could sleep all the way to work, but there's still the Straits Times and Bloomberg news to read. But no complaints, work has been pretty stable these two weeks. Only gotta get used to the lifestyle. Doesn't quite help with my need for exercising two times or more a week.

Last Sunday we went to Li Bai Chinese restaurant at Sheraton hotel to celebrate my mum-in-law's bday. We had a hearty feast, in fact a tad too hearty for me. Our menu included a double-boiled herbal soup, roasted duck skin wrapped in thin crepe skin (quite a delectable appetizer), and abalone, mushroom, nai bai vege and sea cucumber all served as a single dish. Very rich indeed! The noodles were unique; they were made from fish meat. Lastly there were desserts and complimentary mooncake to end the eight-course feast. The meal was fantastic in taste, but WW and I are still not quite used to such delicacies. We prefer simple healthy dishes.

Today I'm on half-day to prepare for my all-famous cousin's wedding tonight. First up will be the shopping for accessories, then getting my haircut and styling (which will take 3 hours), then back niang jia to change and do make-up before setting off for the dinner. A packed day ahead, which hopefully won't end too late. Gonna be interesting to see how the wedding turns out. And hope everything will be smooth in the meantime and that we won't be captured on screen.

No comments: