Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Public holiday break

I did manage to spend quality time with my parents yesterday. I knew I needed a run in the gym after checking my mini-term 1 results online in the morning. After the run, I joined my parents for lunch at 莆田, our newest favourite Chinese restaurant in Tampines Mall. Although it was a short one-hour-plus, I felt happy to spend time with them and let them enjoy the fine things in life. So, I cycled home, did some pieces of work from 330pm - 1230am yesterday. Yucks.

Good thing Tian jioed me for early morning yoga @ River Valley Point today. We did our very strenuous yoga poses (and almost fainted or collapsed) in the scorching 45.7 degree celsius room, starting from 9am, a time when my muscles and tendons were sleeping away. But it was worth it after all, coz it gave us the shiok factor that lasted through the day.

I went on to meet a fellow twin friend for lunch at Milenia Walk. My other twin was supposed to join me so that we could have some twin talk but she felt more like studying. So I dropped her at Fullerton Hotel when I went ahead, and rejoined her after my lunch. We proceeded to Fullerton Starbucks (all the other cafes in CBD were closed) for serious studying (like real). She was making notes in preparation for her FRM exam in mid-Nov, and me busy copying data into report format for my project. In the meantime I chatted with friends online, enjoyed the scenery and ate a yummy almond croissant. Hard to concentrate on studying on a public holiday - you see I'm still tuned to a working lifestyle.

Wong Tian the "one-in-a-million gf"
Me with natural rosy cheeks, haha
黑白双膜

Construction of Integrated Resorts @ Marina Bay

Although it was an eventful day, I still felt kinda empty at heart. It's true you miss your loved one even more during a festive occasion.

1 comment:

Rattie... said...

Try to follow your heart and spend every moment in your own special way.

It won't matter to skip a day of studying to spend either idling away or taking your parents and future (now?) parents-in-law out as long as you feel great at the end of the day.