Friday, November 04, 2005

Round-up of the long break

My newly-bought Big Bright Orange Bat failed me today. But let’s just blame the nearby PowerPuff girl, whose string cut my Bat’s, and the uncooperative wind for not sustaining my heavyweight one. Bat, I give you another chance at West/East Coast Park ok? Don’t let me down, after all you’re too prominent to be seen nose-diving all the time. Quite paiseh you know.

Today I’ve played a good part in controlling Steph’s shopping expenses. Also gotta credit Fang for giving her good advice, let how she feels the Mango skirt is too short and will zao geng in it when bending a little or sitting down. Ger, we’ve helped you save more than 200 bucks! XZ will be very grateful to us, hehe.

Last evening met up with Feng and Jun too, chatted up and had our desserts at Bakerzin. Following the two ladies, I ate a slice of cake too – a mango mousse cake. Hee, tks gers for teaching me to enjoy the good things in life. Sometimes we must let our hair down, and not control so much (though my weight is fluctuating at the 45kg mark.. please don’t go up anymore!). Feng, all the best for your Thailand business trip, do your best and make your mark. :)

Today after the shopping trip at Orchard, WW picked me up and we went to Margaret Drive food centre for tea. We had popiah (very nice – only $1 and they use hand-made skin), teh and tau sa pau to fill our tummies. Below is a photo of WW balancing two glasses of teh and a tau sa pau while walking stylishly back to our table. Margaret Drive food centre is a really nice place full of flavour. Though it’s situated at a 老人区,it doesn’t have the old pok flavour and instead is clean and well-maintained. The food there is nice – it is popular for its chicken rice, cha kway tiao and popiah. WW recommends teh at the corner coffee stall too. To me, the place is great as it’s open-air and windy, lets you get a bit of sunshine during the afternoons too. Who needs food courts and high-class restaurants always anyway?

The flu virus is making its rounds again this time, first spreading to Tian and WW with sore throat, then running nose and fever. Now it has spread to me, but I’m fighting hard with medicine. WW has gotten cough on top of his sore throat; I hope he recovers soon. Stupid virus go away!

2 comments:

Stephie said...

yo girl!
YEsh! The Mango skirt is indeed tooooo short. and Thanks for talking me outa the Bebe top also! XZ's jaw dropped when he discovered I didn't buy anything (well, almost) at shopping yesterday. Hehehe.

Jayce said...

Girl thank you :) will jiayou jiayou for the Bangkok trip :p Hope I have good stories to tell you guys when I come back.