Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Work Grumbles

I’m somewhat getting sick and tired juggling with my myriad of work demands – attending long 3 hours-plus meetings and minuting them, preparing Board papers and slides, collating data/info for management’s use, consolidating each Function’s targets and goals to a Group level, and doing miscellaneous work such as writing tank-you letters on behalf of my bosses. This work, though providing information knowledge to aid in my understanding of my organisation’s processes and workflow, do not serve specific motivation to me. Especially now that I have core work to do – certification for our organisation’s ITSM processes, I find it hard to keep focused at times.

No longer is the position of TEC Mgmt meeting secretary exciting to me. Being such a rookie, I can’t contribute much (okay, at times I could have chipped in with a few comments, but I worry about being politically correct), thus I keep quiet most of the time. Sometimes I do wish I can speak up more, but that’s just me. Unless I feel superior, the inertia just seems to stay.

So, will life be happier and more contented if we need not pursue such high ambitions? It’s mentally taxing having to push ourselves relentlessly. Grrr.

No comments: