Monday, January 30, 2006

做人要随便(随和)

这是我说设下的新年新原则!不能每样事都讲求完美,一切都需100%。打从昨晚我就开始实行,用在每个qing kuang下. (Okay, my Word has failed to chunk out more Chinese characters, I don’t know why.)

Why a new motto in life?

Yep, yesterday morning I was so mad with Mama that I slammed my bedroom door hard and blasted the music full volume. I was supposed to help her with clothes-hanging (I volunteered) before leaving the house, but I was still doing my make-up and intended to help her straight after. But as usual I was too slow for her to bear and she got angry with me, labeled me a “say-yet-never-do” girl and ended up calling my bro and sis to help out instead. She just doesn’t trust us and expect us to do things immediately. (!) And why scold the person who so willingly volunteered her help, yet not the others who didn't bother?

But a little while after the incident, when we were about to set off, she apologised to me and even gave me a small hug! That dissolved all my angers. I felt bad having Mama apologise to me, but don’t blame myself for flaring up as it’s all accumulated resentments built up in me. (I’m still wondering why I was the only one helping out in the last-minute housecleaning while both Shou Bi and TP can do their own things! It has got to be fair mah.) Commanding myself not to flare up would suppress these resentments further and next time I may just become schizophrenic or super vengeful!

So, for everyone’s happiness, I’ve decided to be 随便 (not in the bad sense, lah), to accept things as they wish to come. A mentality of bochupness helps too. Even as the bad things come, I can tackle!

No comments: