Thursday, January 19, 2006

Breakfast, I like

There's always this feeling I have while eating breakfast out. It's like getting a good headstart to the day by giving myself a pamper. Would be nicer if there is someone for company. It's heart-warming seeing each other's semi-sleepy faces, raw from waking up.

So now here I am, having my breakfast of kaya toast and teh at the coffeeshop downstairs. Around me are mostly aunties and uncles. To my left there is a group of aunties who seem to have just came back from exercising; to my right there are middle-aged couples and another uncle by himself, reading the papers. Above my head blasts the music - Chinese New Year songs. And around the coffeeshop are a lot more people walking around towards their various destinations, people setting up clothes stalls (cart-style) and attending to a handful of patronisers. I wonder why people (those who don't have to work) wake up so early!

I like my neighbourhood for its vibrancy, there are so many activities and movements around!

=================
Okay, it's another trip to California Gym today, though I've mentioned by dis-preference for it. The weather was perfect for a jog along Esplanade and Marina Promenade, but my poor kaki is down with flu. So I saw quite a handful of fully naked women changing at the ladies, right in front of their lockers and many other women. It's quite gross actually. Imagine changing halfway and someone you know walks in and sees you. Disgusting, isn't it? Dunno if it's the same culture at other branches, perhaps only urban city-dwellers do this kinda thing. That's like very shameless, tsk.

No comments: