Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My extended weekend flew past just like that!

Lunch at Ichiban Sushi with VJC 98S26 clique. Beside me are Fang and her bf, Mark. His first appearance in our gathering.. more of him to come! :p
Lovey-dovey Stephie and XZ - the rather-newly-wed couple :)
The whole group of us. WW and I took the centre-stage heh.
Sophia and me. One to be respected (coz she's super nice and good) and she's very observant, just like me!
Sophia and Stephie - the "S" sisters
Nan Ren yeah :)
This is a damn weird butterfly!! Two wings with a worm attached to each wing; their butts stuck together. Very freaky indeed.

Can you see it?

It’s nice meeting up with the S26 gers, coz I can just be myself and engage in meaningful conversations with them. Although we gers gossip about those we know, we do talk update on each other’s life and it’s cool to see how they progress. Two of them are married happily, and I must say they lead a very different life from the rest of us unmarried ones. Happy for Fang too; she has found a very suitable guy who’s able to connect with her emotionally and make her hard-ice heart melt.

Appreciate very much that WW spent the whole day with me, firstly rushing to Parkway for lunch with us even though he had to fetch his family around the whole morning. Then, had to bear with me being frustrated while waiting for free table at Yakun. I think he has a lot more patience than me. Kudos! And me felt apologetic that he couldn’t enjoy dinner coz Papa decided to order Thai food for dinner instead of zi cha. That’s the thing with coordinating with the other family members; you really couldn’t get a fast and good decision. Everyone’s opinion has to be taken into consideration.

Talking about family, it’s also a very fortunate thing that my parents have each other and that they are getting more independent. Now they are free on their own to go out and explore new places, with Mama’s wheelchair and Papa’s motorised wheelchair. They are able to do what they want, and even do some exercising while travelling around. Previously Mama used to stay at home all day, all week and could even not go out in a month. That’s really unhealthy; one time she was so yellowish (due to sunlight-deficiency) that we thought there was something wrong with her liver. Now the worry is on Papa’s health. He needs more exercising to get rid of that pot belly and lower his cholesterol.

Soon WW will have to start work proper and may have to work late hours. Wishing him all the best at work and find that motivation to look forward to work. Most importantly, one has to find what makes him/her tick in life, to hold on to own beliefs in life and be happy. I hope my loved ones stay healthy and happy, to find the thing that makes them go on with life each day full of satisfaction and pride.

No comments: