Tuesday, February 21, 2006

On-the-go Person

Yep I like to get things done fast and efficient, and not having to hang around to wait for things to happen or to gradually complete. Thus I have this tendency to get irritated with people who walk too slowly blocking my path and people who don’t quite pick up things fast (specifically to other colleagues whom I need to deal with at work). Guess I’m becoming a gan cheong spider soon.

But yeah! Life’s good coz we get to enjoy the luxuries of life. My definition of luxuries:
- Having time to myself, reading newspapers or simply lazing outdoors on a beautiful morning
- Observing those lovely expressive kois (especially at the Koi Pond at Suntec basement)
- Nua-ing with WW at his place on a lazy afternoon
- Basking in the warm sunset, soaking in the golden rays
- Jogging in Botanic Garden, amidst the trees and greens
- Having a sumptuous and yummy brunch (my Sunday’s favourite – waffles!)
- In the company of close buddies who truly understand you
- Getting presents that you’ve been wanting
- Strolling along East Coast Park under the hot sun, watching the sea and overhead airplanes, and feeling the sea breeze
- Munching blueberry muffin at McCafe with WW tucking away
- Eating Mama’s delicious home-cooked food, including my favourite steamed fish

And I’ve got to enjoy them all during the past weekend! Woohoo!

On Saturday WW and I went over to Suntec City early in the morning, with WW attending his aerospace seminar from 9am till 12plus pm while I was free to do whatever I wished! I could even drive his car for some 兜风 if I wanted to. I chose to stay by my favourite 鲤鱼, seeing them wake up to the early morning sun in the Suntec koi pond. Some were very big, barely able to keep their full bodies in the water. I like the silver ones and the whitish ones with patches of orange on their heads.

So there I stayed for close to two hours, reading about Budget 2006 and happily smiling to myself, thinking of the extra bonus come 1st May. Can sign up for the $315 make-up course, yay! And WW can use extra money for investment (aka trading?) and wish he reap lotsa profits from there! Feng is thinking of going for a trip with the bonus too. I think we people just can’t wait to spend it off quick.

WW came out of the seminar and we proceeded to Esplanade for Al Dente’s one-for-one course. What a good bargain! And the Portobello never fails to impress; it had got us craving for more. Till the next time when we go for the other pastas not on the promotion set.

Then on Sunday, the Feng Gang decided to meet at Les Amis the Café at Botanic Garden for brunch. Initially I was still wondering if it were that high-class posh restaurant featured on Les Amis’ website. Luckily Jun assured me it’s not, else I would have gone on a full stomach hoho. Before meeting up, I went for a morning jog around Botanic Garden wearing my new Nike sports shorts (so proud of it). Quite a refreshing jog and happy to have many joggers with me. Goes to show how popular the place is on a Sunday morning, and also explains the difficulty faced by people patronising the café – gotta wait so long for a seat. But the food wasn’t too bad at all, I like the big waffles they served. And the other ladies (plus Jason and Henry) had big plates of scrambled eggs and fried eggs (don’t know what the mini-egg-burger thing which Feng had was). Enough to last till tea time.

Feng Geng gave me Vitasence cleansing mousse and a lovely pearl necklace for birthday, so sweet! Tks gers! Exactly what I’ve wanted, and which is now making my face skin smoother (there is a difference!).

So that made my past weekend extremely fulfilling and satisfying. Looking forward to more weekend breaks and good that it’s mid-week now.

WW has just turned 25 years-old, wishing 男人 a very happy birthday! Although I have no big items to give, I will supplement with pamper and lovingness twice that of usual. 男人be ready to accept this lavish indulgence!

1 comment:

Jayce said...

Girl it's called Eggs Benedict ^^ It's pouch eggs on top of muffin and ham then topped with a cheese sauce :) My fav kinda breakfast!!