Sunday, February 26, 2006

OTO Trimax just for Mama!

Mama wanted an OTO belt, one that you wrap around your tummy and let it vibrate away your fats, and that costs a whopping $320. Nevertheless, Tian and I got it for her at her request (she spotted a discount at Carrefour) and gave it to her as birthday present. Hope the belt won’t be cast aside as like the fate of the Sudoku handheld player and the Diamond Mine software I purchased online last time.

There’s this fervent desire to renew all household appliances in Mama, first renewing our vacuum cleaner, then buying a new washing machine loaded with all these warm washing features. Tian was saying next time she’ll expect a new fridge from us. Let’s see when that request comes.

This morning I slept till 10am, damn shiok. So much wanting to take leave tomorrow and have a day to myself. Laze around in bed till late, explore little parts of Singapore on foot, find a spot to see the beautiful sunset and arrange times at my own pace.

---------------------------------------------------------------

How do you handle a person full of criticism and has words full of suan-ness? You can say their minds are sharp as it requires a particular twisting of the brain to come up with such words to spite others. You will have to consider how to place yourself in a position when others find it hard to “fight back”, then use the right phrases to bring out the most sourness in what you mean. Then when others counter, you will need to have the fastest counter-attack so that others don’t have the time to conjure up their argument points.

“Fighting” in words require intelligence and an acumen above others. There used to be a junior of mine in JC who pierces everyone using words and never fails to “provoke” others, sometimes when to the extent of making someone cry. I used to counter his “swords” with calmness, maintaining my composure every time. After sometime he told me it was no fun as he wasn’t able to get me worked out at all, though I wasn’t particularly trying hard to tolerate. Hmm, but now I’m not that sure if I still have this composure when things get too rowdy in this adult world.

No comments: