Tuesday, May 23, 2006

nottoz’s downfall – bread

Can’t resist yummy bread! I have this tendency to drift into bakeries and confectionaries whenever I pass by one, even though I’m not one bit hungry. Some women like to shop for clothes, but I simply like bread-shopping.

I think I will grow fat from eating too much bread.

Like during lunch at a conference just now, two pieces of European bread (walnut and rye) just fell nicely onto my plate. After the conference, I walked past Panaderia Bakery at Raffles City basement and ended up with $5.80 worth of loaves, rolls and buns, including my favourite cranberry roll with its hard crust.

On the way back to office, I took a break, sat down at Raffles Place open space with my cranberry roll in hand (and mouth), and just let my mind wander. A short ten-minute blank-out from work gave me some insights on non-work-related matters. Immersing in daily work really numbs one, and before you realise it, years have passed on.

I’m one who loves the sun; this is one thing an office work would not be able to provide me with. I don’t like to be bound, prefer flexibility and freedom; perhaps it’s time to consider a flexi-hours job. Frankly, long meetings wear me off mentally; is there a way to go without them? Some bells are ringing somewhere.

Last night I had a dream about this spacious HDB unit that Tian and Henry own. The dream started with WW and I searching around old Kallang Airport for their unit, then walking around the wide corridors leading to their old, yet warm and cosy unit. They had their own setup in the house – tv, furniture, deco and all. Even though the place was not fancifully done up, the openness (lotsa sunshine in the house) and the view were splendid. I remembered feeling a little envious in the dream and wanting to have own unit like hers. Thinking back, the origin of the dream must be linked to WW sis’ beautiful condo unit at Monterey Park.

1 comment:

b.muse said...

YESH.. Feng n I are mad abt Panaderia bread too! Haha, and like you said, we shd have a bread picnic soon.

Or maybe another run? Healthier eh? Heehee. :p