Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dad's love

Seems like this is a good lunar year ahead. I'm feeling happier and more positive as the days go by. :)

Last night I was rubbing the big blue-black on my ankle and recalled those days in PGP when my ex of two weeks helped me rubbed those taekwondo-induced blue-blacks. wahaha. But of coz I was quick to redeem myself with recounts of the finger and back massages my dear NR gives me.

This morning dad woke up early to make breakfast for sis and me. He had the teh and half-boiled eggs all ready for us. Recalled those primary and secondary school days when Apa used to make breakfast for us too before sending us to school. It has been a long long while since we get to enjoy Dad's breakfast love, especially after we went to University and led lives of our own in hostels. Apa has started on his breakfast "endeavour" after seeing me complain about not having teabags at home during those few days I was on MC in the past weeks.

Apa cares a lot for us. When we were young, he tended to our fevers by waking up at intervals in the night and early morning to replace the warm towels on our foreheads and to pop us with panadols. He also fetched us to school
every morning; that time while we were in Maha Bodhi it was all the way from Bedok to Old Airport Road area. He's the kind of strong and silent dad. And it's sweet how he played with my hair, albeit a little subconsciously, at my aunt's place during CNY. Hee.

No comments: