Sunday, February 17, 2008

How to make the best out of a precious day?

Today's what I deem a superb-weather day - the sun is bright and sunny, winds gusty yet there are with some light clouds. The perfect weather to do outdoor activities or just lie on the grass fields looking at the sky.

Furthermore, it's a Sunday. Just the right day to do some lazing, soul-searching and resting.

I often wonder if what I'm doing at the moment most fulfills my soul's desire. I wonder if there is something that makes my heart leap and makes me feel like I'm living both in the moment and in eternity. Imagine dancing around in vast green patches, speeding down a highway in the convertible with the sun overhead, standing at a cliff's edge looking down at the communities below you, flying like a bird in the air. Some part of me is secretly yearning to live those unforgettable moments.

But thinking back, I miss the winds blowing into my living room and the evening sun shining into my room, whenever I'm away from home for long. The place I often want to go back to is my home (and these days, 30 BD too) despite having lived here for 20 years.

To not waste a precious day is to live the current moment, appreciate the beauty of nature and things around you and not to worry about missing out on anything at all. Because the good things will remain or return.

(P.S. I'm still having a blocked nose and stuffed ears, a result of the flu since last Sunday. And I'm missing WW who has to work over this weekend and thus couldn't meet for these few days. Good thing we met on Valentine's. :))

1 comment:

Stephie said...

Hope your flu gets better girl!!!