Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sick nottoz

My body is getting weaker, it seems. Just two weeks ago I was down with stomach flu and now I'm bugged with a serious common flu. The doctor gave me two days' MC to rest at home and with pills to cure my runny nose, cough and dissolve my phlegm. I'm not able to attribute this to work, coz workload has reduced since start of the year. Could it then be a result of more worries of the uncertainties ahead? Or am I the workaholic who breaks down when deprived of the challenges and stress at work?

Nevertheless, I'm happy to have enjoyed the CNY festivities. We did not do a lot of house-visiting, but instead spent quality time with family and loved ones. On the first lunar day, WW came over and drove me to Changi Airport T3 to celebrate my birthday with the slices of Patissier cakes we bought the day before. On the second day, I went over to his house to bai nian and caught 长江七号 with him, his sister, cousins and uncle. (And I cried a little during the show when 周星驰"died"; can you imagine I'm so prone to tears now?) On Sat we went to 观音庙 then back home for a round of mahjong with WW, Tian and Mr. RK. On Sun WW accompanied me to Parkway Parade where I got two bread-making books. Then we went to East Coast Park for kite-flying. It's a simple yet happy date. :)

No comments: