Thursday, September 04, 2008

My late night blogs are back!

I'm back with my late-night blogs.

Had lessons till 1045pm just now, later than the usual 10pm as this was the last lesson before we close this module with its exam next week. As usual, I feel somewhat more stupid and more worried on Wed nights. Last week it was from trying to understand the case study and today it's due to the APT tutorial which there were some parts I still could not fully comprehend. Wed nights are no good, and I have to bear with it till Fri night when I'll start feeling a little smarter (because I will convince myself that I understand Statistics stuff).

Every so often, I'll have to remind myself the reason and motivation behind this path. Another pushing factor is the complaints I hear from classmates - I'm not the only one feeling stupid in the course.

It's weird how distant I now feel from the times when I used to lead the working lifestyle. In a way, I've been through the process and understand how working life feels, but the experience seems so far back and does not relate personally anymore. Thus, it's hard to weigh the pros and cons of taking full-time studies and putting work aside. But one thing I really appreciate now is the energy I still have at the end of the day. Like how I can study without feeling sleepy and grouchy. In fact, my mind is fully awake and alert at the end of lessons (held in the night) - the result of intriguing mathematics and lots of brain-twisting.

I'm going to the temple on Friday. And if time allows, every day next week too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea. Smartie you can definitely do well!

30BD