Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Mama!

A lovely cake for you!
Give it its first cut after making your birthday wish
Mama and me (photos of Papa, Bro & Tian not included, for their privacies :p)
See how happy Mama was!

It's Mama's birthday today! Though I didn't get to knock off from work early (I left at around 830pm), partly because I was waiting for Tian to finish her yoga, we managed to get home in time for dinner and cake-cutting before everyone's stomach called it a day. Tian helped order Green Tea Bavarian cake from The Patissier while I helped collect it during lunch time at Ann Siang Hill. Good choice. Mama liked the rum-soaked raisins, the bitter chocolate layer as well as the tasty green tea sponge layer. As a bonus, there were sour grapes/berries and strawberries on top. Yummy!

We had zi cha dinner downstairs on Sunday evening to celebrate in advance, knowing how difficult it is to get all at the dining table together on a workday. I'm happy to see Mama happy, and am proud to get her what she wants (secretly so pleased to see the two purple dresses she chose at BYSI). Of course, Papa would get the same pampered treatment from us come September, though I doubt he'd want any new clothes.

I'm reminded of how fortunate I am again, to have this wonderful family supporting me all the way, providing me with moral support, strength and warmth to pull me through life. :)

No comments: