Sunday, March 16, 2008

Our special milestone

A surprise awaited me on Friday evening; I was slowly laid into the Grand Plan without the least bit of suspicion! WW is real good :)

Although we have been talking about it for a bit since late last year, the reality has not quite set in yet. But now that the ring is sitting comfortably on my finger, we have got to remind ourselves that yes, we're walking into another phase of our lives together from this moment on.

The special moment was painstakingly created by WW, first with the order of the sparkling bling from US and the stressful tracking of the shipping status, then the incarnation of the grand idea for a surprise to throw me. There was also the rushing to get all the other stuff ready for the occasion and the bouquet of roses. I was very pleasantly surprised with all the efforts and planning done as he has been very busy with work recently too. Admired most of his courage to pop the question as it meant a major commitment in his life. Even as a lady (albeit a freedom-loving one), I am slightly intimidated with having to engage lifelong commitment to my partner. To a guy, this act would have been a significant one.

To WW: Thank you for being my man. Even though I may still feel like a stranger in this new stage of our lives together, I am ready to put in whatever it takes to make it a strong, lasting and engaging marriage. I understand that at some point, going into a marriage must have scared you too. Don't worry coz we're walking down this path together and have each other's support. I may not have expressed all that I feel at that special moment, but we both know some things need not be spoken.

Thinking back, I would very much like to have a surprise planned for WW then too. But I was expecting it to be a few weeks later in April. WW has gotten that laid out well too coz then the surprise would be even greater had I not expected it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how sweet! congrats again! :)

Ordinary Doggie said...

Congratulations, wyz! Sometimes, you must let go of the old, to let in the new (phase in life). Don't be scared, its a whole new beautiful journey you're embarking on together! I'm sure you'll find your way...