Friday, May 30, 2008

How will it be like?

Feeling lethargic these days, having slept less from the online research I’ve been doing during the nights. There’s just so much to prepare and the vast pool of information online just makes the choosing process more tedious. Not that I’m complaining though, I like looking through beautiful and sweet stuff and to soak in people’s happiness.

As the day when we’ll swear our vows to each other approaches, I’m asking myself more and more of the fundamental questions. In some ways, we’re not a pair of sticky couple who need to be with the other every other day, since we both need our personal space now and then. Thus seeing each other everyday would be a major change for both of us. Although I won’t be moving in till the customary seven months later, the idea of having to blend with each other’s lifestyle has already hit on me. Especially, when I have to live with the in-laws. I suppose no one, other than another in the same situation, would ever know understand how this experience would be. Well, sometimes I wish I don’t have to think so far. Seems like I badly need the marriage preparation course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it takes a lot of effort indeed. i love my in-laws, but no, i really can't imagine living with them on a long-term basis! think a marriage prep course will be good!

Stephie said...

I agree! I think it takes someone with alot of patience and tolerance to live with in-laws, much as u get along with them. Is this long term? Or until u and WW find an eventual place of ur own?

UR ROM date is drawing near! I am so excited for u!

nottoz said...

It's going to be a long-term arrangement, until WW and I get our own condo or until the parents are "willing" to let go of their only son (which likely is never!).

But good thing they respect me too, so I suppose the rest I can work on subsequently.

Yep! Still some loose ends to tie up b4 the ROM day! :D