Thursday, May 08, 2008

I'm the Nationalist

It's interesting to read the application form write-ups by the young scholar potentials. They are so full of dreams that you feel somewhat more alive simply by reading their write-ups. Again, I'm amazed at how those of that nationality fight so hard, so aggressively, to make themselves stand out. The (irritating) long essays that span an additional two pages as compared to the other four-pages application forms. The extravagant written showcase of their starling academic performance. The fierce wrestle to clinch the specials awards in school and mighty grabbing of all the A's there can be. It's like it'd kill without straight A's.

You can call me a "nationalist", I don't care.
(My colleague gave me that term. I prefer to believe I'm a nationalist - the patriotic kind.) There's just this part of me which wants to yell it out loud. How am I to tolerate this when I step back into the school come July?

No comments: