Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Next object of desire


My next object of desire - Asus W5F


Went Funan the IT Mall with the Man today, after I've made up my mind on purchasing my next object of desire. Pearl-white light-weight 1.6kg Asus notebook, very much needed for me to do my work during the weekends, and for use during workday nights. Also will come in handy for picnics in the car, with DVD or VCD playing comedian shows or light-hearted ones for entertainment.

This morning, since it's a National Day holiday morning, I made my way to CoffeeBean @ SingPost for breakfast and enjoyed the museli parfait thoroughly. Yummy! I always believe that a good breakfast equates a good start to a beautiful day. Chewing the museli breakfast while reading a magazine or the papers is indeed soul-satisfying.

Also, we went to a new cafe in Pasir Ris Park in the afternoons for a late lunch. Though it was about 245pm when we made our orders, the food still came rather late - 325pm. Many customers were unhappy with the long wait and could not bear with their growling stomaches, thus had their orders cancelled. What a mismanagement, a new cafe without proper work processes and allocation of roles and tasks. Haha, you see the work we do in our companies actually teach us more than what's required at the workplace. You can apply it in everyday situations. Back to the lunch. The food was good though, worth half the wait. Logically no one would bear waiting for long. And if the wait is ever more than half an hour, no matter how good the food is, it still won't be compensable. Good thing both of us managed the expectations well, having saw customers going up to complain right from the start.

National Day's over, and also meaning another workday ahead for us. 1am, and my body repair time is just over too. There goes another night without resting for my poor body, all in the name of *work*. (Damn, they had better pay me more.)

No comments: