Saturday, November 11, 2006

Bull Run 2006

It started with heavy dark clouds looming overhead, followed by heavy downpour which lasted close to an hour but reduced to a drizzle for our annual Bull Run event. My company organises this charity event, targeted to help out 13 charity organisations, and which involves financial institutions and listed companies.

Every year they would invite overseas ambassadors to grace our event and this year we’ve got Richie Ren (任贤齐), the Taiwanese singer. I caught a few glimpses of him in the VIP tent earlier on, but no big deal. :p Last year’s ambassador was more popular; Jackie Chan’s popularity was unbeatable (unless if it’s 金城武!).

This year I joined a team relay (but actually more of team work – all our times were added together for placing) with three male colleagues. It’s a coincidence that two of them happened to be in the same secondary school as me, and so we just teamed up for the Bull Run 3.2km race but it’s more for the fun of it. Last year my team, with another three of my previous Data Centre colleagues (who are with HP now), came in second and won for ourselves $280 in all.

Also, this time round we have the very young ladies for the top three ladies’ positions for my company. First was a lady around my age, petite and sweet; we couldn’t tell she can run so fast. Second was my junior from DHS and a fellow scholar, a young lady who does her midnight jogs and yoga during weekdays and swimming during weekends. Third was my dear buddy at work and fellow scholar too, who also jogs every morning without fail. What does this go to show? Determination, perseverance and hard work pays off. Haha, but I still won’t want to run everyday.

All in all, the event was fun and allowed some mingling with colleagues. After the event, JY, Joyce, Nee and I went down to Orchard for some winter shopping and for late dinner. These ladies are tired out from the run and headed home for a good rest after our dinner. We’ll have a whole-day outing the next time!

No comments: