Monday, November 20, 2006

Cycling (yes, in the rain, again)

Photos from the McCafe tea this morning:

McCafe, Parkway Parade


====================================================
I made it! Out of the house without the rain coming down yet, that is. I had to pump my bicycle tyres thus cycled to the nearby bicycle shop. This short route slowed me down say 3 minutes and gave the rain the chance to catch me and Fluffy. But, not for very long. The rain reduced to a light shower where we could proceed without becoming a wet duck.

Went onto my usual route till the new condo Baywater, then side-tracked into Bedok Park and went all the way ahead till the entrance of PIE. Looped a little back to the big traffic junction at Bedok Reservoir and Eunos Link, then cycled along the park connector beside Blk 600+. That stretch can be a little dangerous, yet it was superb and exciting; full of up slopes and winding down slopes. Some evil soul placed a big rock in the middle of the path somemore, good thing I was on high alert mode.

Spent a little while to get to Telok Kurau Park along Siglap Park connector. Happy to be back though coz the Sunday before last WW and I were there together for a stroll. This time round it was Fluffy with me, and that little wild dog just liked going near canals thinking there would always be cats in there. Didn’t stay long before heading home as it was nearing dinner time and the rain was starting again. Poor Fluffy was drenched, all cold and not like me, who had to cycle hard and therefore didn’t feel cold at all. Heh, she was shivering at one point, but I thought doggies should be strong, if not, then should be trained up to be. I still gave her a hot shower at the end of the day to make up for her chilling ride!

On the overhead bridge crossing over to Kembangan area. In front was the Starville condo.

Dark clouds looming!

Wahaha, PIE's under my feet.


Fluffy with wet hair. Wahaha.

===============================================

Photos from last week's dinner with family, to celebrate Shou Bi's birthday.

Zi Cha dinner at coffeeshop downstairs. Papa Mama.
Me and Wong Tian, color-coordinated.
The birthday boy!

=======================================

Photos taken from Pine Court Chinese Restaurant, 35th storey of Meritus Mandarin.


1 comment:

b.muse said...

Ooh! That exciting stretch you were talking about is the one where I always run!
Ironic that the exact slopes and all that made it fun made jogging not as much so. Hee. :P