Monday, November 20, 2006

Leave Days are Sweet

Yay, leave days are always so good as they mean freedom!

So morning set off to SingPost building CoffeeBean for an appetitising meal of muesli parfait. Very yummy, but sadly few CoffeeBean branches offer it. So I was there for more than an hour, concentrating and typing away on my reliable lappie. Ah, what else but work again.


Happy Christmas time is coming soon. See the tree at the left side?
Me with laptop and breakfast (and work, brr).
CoffeeBean merchandise

I headed on to Parkway Parade, this time to McCafe (favourite cafĂ©!) for tea and more work. Managed to finish up some documents before the battery ran flat on me. There was this small group of young Japanese kids sitting at two tables in a corner of the al fresca area of McCafe, eating their packed lunches. They have the same lunch boxes, the same food – macaroni with white bread. It’s interesting to see how independent they are, and how sensible they are to find themselves a small corner so as to be more discreet (after all they are not having MacDonald food). I suppose they live in hostels, away from their families and closed ones. No choice but to learn to be independent.

Now I’m back in my comfy newly-painted room. Wanting to bring Fluffy out for a cycle together, but I can see the very dark clouds in the North seeming to drift here. No rain no rain!

No comments: