Monday, July 31, 2006

Expectations, Appreciation and Understanding

Was supposed to head for bed by 1230am (a timing self-set), but I have more important things to do – blog!

Well a truly nottoz-styled (or more aptly nottoz-pre-work-styled) blog has not surfaced since a long while back and we can only blame the draining work ever since Aug 04. That said, it’s gonna be 2nd work anniversary this coming wed!

Yesterday during our gathering, Feng told us about her beau’s proposal. However, the guy wasn’t quite up to expectations and had left my dear friend disappointed. It would have helped if he had sought our advice before the proposal, to fulfill the lady’s expectations. Still, hope Jason succeeds soon as we know both of them are ready for lives together. We’ll be hearing good news soon!

To most of us ladies, that moment of proposal is like the moment for life, the moment that gets engraved in our minds and gets packaged into our “sweet memories” bank for life. This could lead to us having the expectation for a perfect moment, that moment where our hearts just get seized and squeezed, where we find ourselves on cloud nine and ninty-nine. For me, I am undecided on whether I would be happy if WW goes around seeking advice from my female friends, as being the original me, I might just be hoping WW can read my mind. But yes, here we will have to follow the Golden Advice for all relationships: Drop all expectations and see the merit from every well-thought and well-meant action or behaviour.



I was just telling WW, how I’ve neglected romancing him. These days work occupies a huge part of me and my mind and other times I care more about efficiency in everything than to slow down and take things in appreciation. I complain to WW more than once or twice about his style of communication – packed with a little sting and that tease to dig out the anger in you. Many a times I fell for his trickery and got myself feeling a little unjustified, wondering how he could say things of me, albeit in a joking way. But isn’t this just looking at the little things that tend more to irritate, rather than looking at positive and good things he has done for me?

Also, these days we tend to get irritated more easily, perhaps due to the way we feel we’re treated in this working world. While driving, I’ll tend to scold or criticise other drivers or pedestrians, without realising the effect on the passenger in the car (that’s WW). Negative remarks rub off negativity in me and also the people around me. And it’s true that we should not get mad with those without consideration or who cause inconveniences to us though sometimes not intentionally. So that’s one area of improvement I have to work on – tolerance towards others and not be so niao of them.

Today while deciding where to go before heading back home for dinner, we had a tough time as both of us were trying to come up with suggestions we feel would please the other. Sometimes I feel we spare consideration for the other party, but end up could have a harder time having to decide. I won’t be able to change this perspective of placing WW’s happiness before mine, as I solely hope for him to be happy, and me sure it’s the same for him too.

Ended up he drove me to Simply Bread to buy the European bread I have been craving for, then we went on to Margaret Drive hawker centre for teh and popiah. And hee, I was really satisfied having bought the oatmeal roll, croissant and walnut raisin loaf at Simply Bread. Felt very happy too as WW advised me on a future path of life which once I had envisioned.

And it’s true. If you have something you want to complain about, think first of another good thing that you can compliment on. If you can’t find a solid one, go on to reflect on what worthy thing you have done for your partner. Having this thinking will, in my opinion, make the relationship more beautiful and stronger. Being appreciative and understanding – yet another Golden Advice.

It’s time to cast away work matters on my mind, be grateful and thankful of having WW in my life and embrace all the good things he brings along! Wonderful =)

1 comment:

Jayce said...

Girl, I will follow your Golden Advise.. Anyway I was the one that screwed up all his plans for that day :p

So I'll be nice and give him a chance to make up this week.. hee :)

I think WW will not need our help, he will know what's the best way to touch your heart *grinz*