Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Good Things in Life

People want to portray themselves in a manner which they deem acceptable in others’ eyes. When faced with situations or events that portray them otherwise, they would push the facts aside and reject such scenario or character internally.

Personally, I would prefer myself to be a good driver, but now I am accepting the fact that I may not be one afterall. If put in nice words, I am an efficient driver. But in reality, I’m just a reckless driver who goes for speed and ain’t happy to let another overtake me. just don’t like men looking down at lady driver. But yah. Now I don’t crave as much going behind the wheels. Let my man do the driving and I enjoy the scenery. Hee.

This morning while still having the little remnants in my mind, a friend smsed me, telling me about her break-up and seeking some advise. I could tell her helplessness, but couldn’t help much except to be there for her.

Then I realised, how much does my piece of little unpleasantness matter? There are so many good things in my life, a bounty of them. If we keep dwelling on the unpleasant things, there is going to be no end. Instead, why not treasure what we have? Think how fortunate to have and hold, to be healthy, employed, having a warm family and a loving partner.

Even for those who dread work, don’t we have time each day to inject a little happiness, doing something you like? These days while feeling uninspired at work, I think of small treats for myself. You favourite food for breakfast or lunch; time after work to read the novel; shopping even if it’s only window-shopping … so many things you can do to feel good.

It’s easier said than done. However, life is short and there isn’t much time for happiness. So why not now?

No comments: