Monday, October 16, 2006

Off Day Returns

Ended up being a fruitful day. Helped Mama colour her hair, helped Papa settle some Town Council stuff, visited the dentist (and paid 73 bucks).

And in the afternoon did some shopping which reap some good “returns”:
- Balmain watch. The first watch since Secondary school days that I’ve bought for myself. Since Sec school, my watches were from friends and relatives. So this Balmain is quite an iconic item for me.
- Thomas Friedman’s The World is Flat. After starting on his Lexus and the Olive Tree, I got interested in his books and theories on Globalisation. Some reviews on this recent book of his stated his views could kinda predict how the world will turn out in the future.

Also managed to buy a button short-sleeved top for work wear. Happy to get the two items listed above; shopping does induce high spirits!

No comments: