Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekend round-ups

Short updates. Aiming to sleep by midnight.

Again, another weekend has passed and I’m feeling so blue thinking of the start of another workweek. That escapism feeling is somewhat seeping in gradually again. But me shan’t be deterred by work, coz from work we get happiness, albeit indirectly. That financial independence and freedom!

This weekend was indeed fruitful. On Saturday, together with WW and his family, we had breakfast at Bukit Timah food centre and then ventured to the North, where we took a morning stroll along Sembawang Park’s beach. Glad his mama liked it. In the afternoons, we wanted to check out the Premier (my mom’s interest really) but decided otherwise upon seeing the snaking queue at the entrance. Hooray!

Come dinner, family and I had zi cha downstairs. We ordered crocodile meat, froggies’ legs, oyster omelette and boiled kalian with oyster sauce (this dish upon my special request). Quite special dishes right? At a pretty affordable price of $40 for 4 persons. Mama papa are so understanding to want only a decent yet nice meal as a treat from me.

Today, WW and I met after our individual lunch at home at Marine Parade area. Did something special and checked out a new place. Quite exciting; it’s like starting a new phase of life, but of course we are just simply checking things out. Perhaps for future reference and for the fun of it =). And I’m happy to introduce a traditional confectionery to my dear man. Teh that comes with a tinge of bitterness, round buns toasted and spread with kaya and butter, and heavenly-baked butter almond cakes – all very yummy. I was secretly rejoicing at WW’s look of satisfaction eating that kaya-toasted bun.

Come dinnertime, I met up with Joyce, Tong & Nee at Suntec. We settled for Fish & Co. after some deliberation (those ladies are very considerate and always think for my health-conscious preference). And an after-meal tea/coffee session at our 老地方 – Siglap CoffeeClub. If you have any good recommendations for after-meal tea in the East, let me know, so we can break out of frequenting our old hangout place!

Hmm, thinking of taking one day off work next week. Perhaps a Friday to go out with Mama Papa, about time to bring them out (though they are very independent now, compared to previous times) and show them new places. Show your love to your dear ones.

No comments: