Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Do Bloggers have a right?

Yay! Time to blog again!

Yesterday a colleague from Corporate Communications (Corp Comm) department asked me for a discussion session regarding my views on blogging. He came upon my website
www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~wongyunz, but to find the link broken. It's high time for me to do some springcleaning, find an affordable web hosting domain to showcase my nice webpages! And it's also time to do some revamp on my webpages. Gotta reflect higher maturity and substantiate with more information.

My views about blogging huh. As long as I steer clear of political issues, avoid naming people or companies when I complain about them and put things in a nice-about way, the chances of being sued for slander should be minimized, if not eliminated. Blogs, in my opinion, are about one's personal views and the blogger has the right to say what he/she feels like. What's the point of blogging then, if one cannot express his most true emotions and thoughts? It is not that there is a governing body on blogging which controls how the words written affects the reputation or integrity of others. Chey, everyone knows writing blogs is a way of relief, a channel of expression. Even if names are brought up on public sites, it is up to the reader to believe in what is being told. Companies may take accusations against them seriously, on the stand that their business reputation gets affected. But hey, everything goes by the word of mouth anyway, it's really up to the individual to be influenced.

I haven't seen WW for 4 days, which seems quite long! Tomorrow going for pokey-session again, but somehow I'm looking forward to it. Maybe coz I get to eat dinner with WW in the serene old town of Clementi, and enjoy the teh-drinking and chitchat sessions with Nan Ren after the "gym". Almost everytime, I would grumble about the costs spent at the "pokey-session" and be upset about the long time spent waiting for my turn. WW would listen to my complaints, bear with my blackish face till I feel better again. Yeah... wei da nan ren! Muack! Now I've starting budgeting for these sessions, and it does help reduce my moodiness. At least now I know how much I can spend on them.

Yeah. I had better leave for home now, otherwise the sun would have set on me! :)

No comments: